- What Information We Collect
ALTA gathers information needed to maintain membership records, process transactions and fulfill your requests. This information includes:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles)
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data)
- Sensitive information such as credit card data to complete purchases
- How We Use This Information
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as TitleNews, TitleNews Online, Advocacy Update, News You Can Use and marketing emails.
- Notify you of updates to our sites
- Notify you of relevant products and services
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware (Leadership, Membership and Vendor directories)
- Track usage of our sites
- Help consumers find companies that provide title insurance and other settlement services in their area
ALTA may also use any non-personal or anonymous data about you for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans. ALTA may disclose any data deemed necessary to comply with any applicable law or on the request of any appropriate authority.
- Associated Companies
ALTA may share some or all of your data with its associated websites or companies (Home Closing 101, Title Action Network, ALTA Title & Settlement Agent Registry and Land Title Institute). In these cases, ALTA will require associated companies to comply with this policy.
- Third Parties
ALTA implements various security measures to protect the security of your personal information, both online and offline.
- Business Transfers
As ALTA continues to develop its business, the association might sell or buy entities or assets. In such transactions, user information, including personal data, generally is one of the transferred business assets, and by submitting your personal information on the website you agree that your data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances.
- Notification of Changes
- Updating Your Information
You have the ability to review, change or remove your personal data contained on our database. You can change your personal data or request that ALTA removes your personal data from its database at any time.