ALTA® Action Alert - Submit Your Comments to HUD on Proposed RESPA Reform by May 13
May 1, 2008
ALTA Action Alert on RESPA Reform
Comments Due May 13, 2008
Voice your concerns on the proposed RESPA Rule to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) by submitting your comments today!!
HUD released their long awaited RESPA reform proposal on March 13th, 2008 and comments on the proposed rule are due by May 13, 2008. Members of Congress, ALTA and other industry groups asked HUD to extend the comment period, but we must be prepared should the comment period not be extended so act now. The proposed rule could have seriously adverse affects on the title and escrow industry and it is crucial that the title industry express their concerns and offer suggestions. ALTA has summarized our key concerns on the ALTA web site to assist you in drafting your comments.
ALTA asks you to submit your comments to HUD no later than May 13, 2008.
What to Do:
- Review ALTA's position and concerns on the current RESPA Rule
- Use the list of ALTA concerns to help tailor your comments
- See what other comments have been submitted to HUD by visiting regulations.gov.
- Submit your comments to HUD
How To Review ALTA's position and Submit Comments to HUD:
- Access the advocacy page directly or go to www.alta.org and click on the Action Alert on the top right hand side of the page.
- Please copy ALTA on your comments by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or need assistance. Please contact Charlene Nieman, Grassroots & PAC Manager at 1-800-787-2582 ext. 233 or email@example.com
Do not miss your opportunity to have your voice heard, act now!
Get the Word out. Forward to a Colleague
Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.