Stewart(R) Announces the Formation of Stewart Global Solutions
June 9, 2008
HOUSTON----Stewart Real Estate Information (REI) Group, Inc., has formed Stewart Global Solutions, for the purpose of pursuing international land administration and modernization projects in emerging markets.
Stewart has participated in overseas title and project activity for many years. The formation of this entity for the targeted pursuit of large global land projects is a first for the Stewart REI Group.
“Stewart Global Solutions provides the Stewart organization with a strongly-focused, clearly directed, and strategically timed entrée into the global markets by leveraging our amassed land administration expertise and proven land records management tools,” stated Don O’Neill, senior vice president and group president of Stewart REI Group, Inc. and region manager for the REI Region of Stewart Title Guaranty Company.
Stewart Global Solutions is working on projects primarily in emerging markets, and is providing services and solutions that include all aspects of implementing a transparent, equitable, timely, reliable, and accurate land records system. In contrast to the United States, which has a strong legal and functional land title recording systems (i.e. county clerks, licensed surveyors, real estate appraisers, land laws, title insurance, etc.), most emerging markets are lacking these fundamental mechanisms for identifying and protecting individual land ownership rights. Stewart Global Solutions provides a wide range of offerings to these countries assisting them in modernizing their property rights processes and procedures, including, but not limited to:
- Development of land policy and regulatory frameworks
- Conducting needs assessments and development of the subsequent strategic plans
- Performance of system design
- Implementation of our flagship Landfolio(R) software for an integrated registration/cadastre/taxation solution
- Providing data collection, real estate asset inventory and mapping services
- Training and support for the users
- The provision of ongoing maintenance of the lands records system
Source: Stewart REI Group, Inc. and Stewart Title Guaranty Company