Stewart Debuts Enhanced Underwriting Website
August 19, 2014
Stewart unveiled a new version of its Virtual Underwriter (VU) system, which provides databases, manuals, forms and real estate practices that streamline the underwriting process.
Virtual underwriter is open to the public and is utilized by underwriters, real estate attorneys, title examiners, closing officers and lenders. Originally developed 20 years ago, Virtual Underwriter provides constant access to underwriting information. The system includes a more user-friendly interface and streamlined navigation.
"Virtual Underwriter is the gold standard for underwriting resources for the title industry," said John Killea, Stewart’s chief legal officer. "Stewart was among the first to create a modernized system, and we continue to lead the way."
Enhanced functionality includes:
- Streamlined navigation and cross-references across the sections
- Improved search functionality and topic cross-referencing capabilities
- Ability to view recently-viewed documents link at the top of each page
- Ability to view documents by location/state
- Improved search for documents within the user’s current section or within the site as a whole
- User-friendly reading pane to display documents at the right of your screen, as users continue to navigate on the left
- Easy document download in PDF or DOC format
Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.