2013 ALTA TIPAC Awards
|May 6, 2014
ALTA honored six individuals for their efforts in helping to raise a record amount of donations in 2013 for the Title Industry Political Action Committee. TIPAC raised a record $420,000 in 2013. So far in 2014, TIPAC has raised $261,785 from 334 contributors.
“We could not have done this without the help of our outstanding TIPAC trustees who volunteer their time to raise money for TIPAC,” TIPAC chairman Bill Burding said during the opening night of ALTA’s Federal Conference and Lobby Day.
Here’s a look at who won the awards:
- Top Underwriter Award: John Hollenbeck of First American Title Insurance Co. This award goes to the person who raised the most money from an underwriter in 2013. Last year, Hollenbeck raised $93,135 from 172 contributors at his company. So far in 2014, First American through Hollenbeck’s efforts has raised over $88,000 from 196 contributors.
- Top Agent Award: Peter Griffiths of Land Title Guarantee in Colorado. This award goes to the person who raised the most money from an agent in 2013. Last year, Griffiths raised $16,915 from 49 contributors at his company and an additional $4,470 from other companies in Colorado.
- Outstanding State Award: David Welshons of DCA Title in Minnesota. This award goes to the person who raised the most money during their state convention in 2013. Last year, Welshons raised over $6,000 at the Minnesota State Land Title Association state convention.
- Company Campaign Award: David Townsend of Agents National Title in Missouri. This is a new award given in years when a company gets 100 percent of its eligible employees to contribute to TIPAC.
- Creative Trustee Award: Craig Haskins of Knight Barry Title in Wisconsin. This new award recognizes trustees who find new ways to raise money for TIPAC. Haskins hosted a happy hour at his state convention. Partnering with Dave Townsend and Darin Trites, Haskins was instrumental in helping ALTA organize its first TIPAC Tailgate at the 2013 Annual Convention in Palm Beach, Fla.
- Rookie of the Year: Jeff Bosse of Bosse Title Company in Indiana. In 2012, Indiana did not have a trustee and only raised $2,275 from four contributors. In 2013, Bosse helped raised $11,075 from 37 contributors.