1099-S Reporting Requirements for Real Estate Transactions

November 22, 2022

Any professional responsible for closing a real estate transaction must file Form 1099-S to the Internal Revenue Service. In the Open Forum of the ALTA Connection, a question was posed on advice on how to handle an elderly seller who refuses to provide her Social Security number.

Please Log In to View

Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or communications@alta.org.